syns per serving
- free on extra easy
- 5 syns on green
- 11 syns on original
- 908g/ 2lb potatoes
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 medium red onion, peeled
- 200g canned borlotti beans, drained
- 1 level tbsp tomato puree
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 283g /10oz extra lean minced beef
- 255g/ 9oz large flat mushrooms thickly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Cut the potatoes into wedges and cook in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to dry off (laid out on kitchen paper works well.) Place them back into the now dry pan put on the lid and shake to rough up (helps to crisp them up.) Place them on a non stick baking tray and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Season and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, shaking the tray occasionally.
- Meanwhile, halve the red onion and cut into thin wedges. Chop the other half roughly. Place the chopped red onion in a food processor with the borlotti beans, the tomato puree and seasoning and pulse to combine. Add the minced beef and pulse again. Tip the mixture out onto a clean work surface and then knead the mixture together so that all the flavours are well combined.
- Shape the mince mixture into 4 burgers and chill until ready to cook.
- Preheat the large griddle or grill. Cook the mushrooms and red onion wedges for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked. Tip the griddled vegetables in a serving bowl and mix together well.
- Cook the burgers for 7-8 minutes each side on a griddle over a medium high heat, until thoroughly cooked through.
- Serve the burgers with the griddled vegetables, potato wedges and a lovely fresh mixed salad.