Syn free on extra easy
Prepare all ingredients before cooking as the cooking time for this recipe is just a few minutes.
- 400g chicken breast cut into small slices
- 2 onions sliced
- 200g mushrooms sliced
- 2 celery sticks sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock, hot
- 300g plain couscous
- juice of 2 lemons
- bunch of coriander finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- Place a large wok on high heat and thoroughly spray with the low calorie spray
- Lightly brown the onions, mushrooms and celery in the wok.
- Add the garlic and half of the coriander to the wok and continue to brown the ingredients for another couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken to the wok and continue to brown. Season with pepper and a little salt. Ensure the chicken is cooked through before the next step.
- Add half of the lemon juice, and allow the juice to boil off, ensuring each chicken piece is coated by the juice.
- Add the remaining lemon juice and coriander, and then the couscous. Mix thoroughly to allow the couscous to absorb the juices from the pan, and remove from the heat.
- Add the vegetable stock and thoroughly mix, and allow to stand for 10 minutes until the couscous has absorbed the stock.
- Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if required.
- Serve with a green salad.