This is delicious, and my boys really enjoyed it.
Syns per serving
- Free on extra easy
- Free on green
- 1.5 syns on original
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled, halved and sliced into thin half moons
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 large eggs
- 57g / 2oz baby spinach
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 rounded tbsp quark
- Italian style salad leaves
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6.
- Mix the red onion, sweet potato and red pepper together and place on a roasting tin lined with baking parchment. Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes, until they’re tender. Five minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the rosemary and garlic. and mix well. Remove the vegetables from the oven and reduce the temperature to 180C / Gas 4.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs then add the roasted vegetables and the spinach and mix together well. Season to taste.
- Preheat an 18cm-20cm/ 7-8 inch diameter non-stick, ovenproof frying pan on the hob. Once hot, spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Pour in the eggs and roasted vegetables and then dollop the quark in small spoonfuls over the top. Let the tortilla set slightly on the hob for 1 minute, transfer to the oven and cook for 20 minutes, until set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Serve with the salad and grated carrot.
NB My frying pan is 30cm so next time I’m going to add 1 more sweet potato, 2 more eggs and 100g of baby spinach instead of the 57g.